Like many of you, we’ve been following the news of the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak with growing concern over the past few weeks.
We’d like to reassure you by sharing some of the actions we’re taking in line with Public Health guidelines, and some advice on how you can help us further. It’s important to stress that this guidance isn’t to cause unnecessary worry, but is an extra precaution to ensure the wellbeing of our community.
Guidelines for physiotherapists
We’re asking them to let us know immediately if they’re experiencing any flu-like symptoms, and to inform us if they’ve recently returned from an area of coronavirus concern. We’ve advised additional security and hygiene measures in response to the outbreak. We’ll continue to update our advice according to the latest government guidance.
- Physiotherapists should wear FFP2/KN95 masks from and during treatments.
- Each day the physiotherapist confirms he/she displays no symptoms of COVID-19 or other infectious illnesses.
- Physiotherapists should follow the guidelines on handwashing or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Physiotherapists are encouraged to take their temperature daily.
- Physiotherapists should remove shoes upon entry.
- Equipment should be carefully and thoroughly disinfected between every use.
We’re in this together
As we’ve learned from these weeks of community cooperation in the efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, it works best when we all participate. To help keep physiotherapists —and everyone in your community—safe, we ask patients to:
- Refrain from booking an in-home treatment if you or a household member have a fever, other COVID-19 symptoms, or a communicable illness.
- Refrain from booking an in-home treatment if you, or any member of your household, are under an isolation or quarantine order/directive.
- Use your own sheets on massage tables.
- Wear a face mask.
- Wash hands thoroughly prior to and after each treatment
- Share any special sanitation or hygiene requests you have prior to the physiotherapist arriving at your home.
- You are welcome to share no-contact thermometers with physios, should you wish to do so.
Chat with customer service to cancel for free
You can cancel an upcoming booking for free by chatting with our customer service team via the web, explaining you’re cancelling due to suspected coronavirus exposure.
For all other cancellation reasons, our usual booking policy applies. You can cancel for free up to 24 hours before your appointment.
Follow official advice
We strongly recommend you call NHS immediately if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19. For more details on the virus, its symptoms and how to prevent the spread, check out this NHS page. To stay up-to-date with official government-issued advice, go to this gov.uk page.
Back to www.urbanfisio.com